BHS Innovation Fellow
Innovation Fund Mission
Our mission is to empower the BHS faculty and community by fostering a culture of innovation and supporting the development of new ideas and initiatives that will enable our students to thrive.
Innovation can be described any number of ways, and can be demonstrated in many contexts. The Fund’s intention for this position is for the Innovation Fellow to serve as a catalyst for innovation in the BHS community in a variety of ways:
- Help spark interdisciplinary conversation and collaboration among faculty
- Seek out examples of innovation outside the walls of the high school that could potentially be adapted for BHS
- Work with BHS administration and the Innovation Fund to support innovative projects and ideas, small or large, that develop at BHS
- Engage with the Fund’s growing social media presence
- Support Fund initiatives and events
The Fellow will be expected to take initiative and be largely self-directed. The position will not include any direct administrative responsibilities. The Fellow will be expected to provide a report to the BHS Innovation Fund Board of Directors in May that summarizes achievements and challenges of the fellowship year.
The Fellow will work within the mission and vision of the BHS Innovation Fund; within the goals, mission, and values of Brookline High; within the priorities of the Brookline High 2020 vision; and within the priorities and strategic plan of the Public Schools of Brookline.
The Innovation Fellow will have a release of .2-.4 FTE and reports to the Innovation Fund Board of Directors and the Headmaster.